The Ceramic Centre (CC) has been active for many years in the field of technical standardisation. In particular, Researchers of CC are engaged in national and international Standardisation Committees (Coordination of Working Groups or Convenorship).
- TC 189 – Ceramic Tiles – WG1 “Testing Methods”, WG2 “Product Specifications”, WG3 “Adhesives for ceramic tile installation”, WG4 “Thin slabs”, WG5 “Backerboards”, WG6 “Tiling installation methods”, WG7 “Sustainability issues for ceramic tiling”, WG8 “Antimicrobial properties of ceramic tile surfaces, WG9 “Elastic adhesives for exterior tile finishing”
- CEN/TC 67 “Ceramic Tiles” – WG 1 “Testing Methods”, WG 2 “Product Specifications”, WG3 “Adhesives for ceramic tile installation”, WG 4 “Tiling design and installation”, WG5 “Product category rules for ceramic tiles”
- SDG (Sectorial Development Group) III “Ceramic Tiles”, Working Group for the establishment and management of the European Mark “Keymark” of conformity to standards, as well as the mutual recognition of test results and certifications carried out in individual member countries
- CEN/TC 339: “Slip resistance of pedestrian surfaces – Methods of evaluation”
- CEN/TC 351: “Construction products – Assessment of release of dangerous substances”
- CEN/TC 194, involved in European Standards concerning “Utensils in contact with food”
- GL9/SC3: “Performance of mechanically installed wall tiling (Commission: “Floor and wall coverings”)
- GL5/SC7: “Ceramic floor” (Commission “Flooring elements”)
- GL4/SC3: “Floor and wall ceramic tiling. Instruction for the design, installation and maintenance of ceramic tiling. (Commission “Products and systems for the building works”)
- Certification sector for awarding the mark of compliance to the UNI standards of ceramic tiles
- GL “Slipperiness of floors” (Commission “Products and systems for the building works”)
- GL “Floors backgrounds (screeds)” (Commission “Products and systems for the building works”)
CC offers consulting on Laws and Regulations that may apply to the ceramics sector:
- European Commission – Enterprise and Industry
- Assistance for the preparation of catalogues, data sheets, etc. – see the pertaining service package “Technical Documentation and Catalogues”).