Henry Ford (industriale) – See more at: http://www.qualitiamo.com/frasi/argomento/miglioramento.html#sthash.p55Oz0xg.dpuf
Lines of research
The research topics of Centro Ceramico pertain to Materials Science and Technology.
The core activities concern the study and characterisation of traditional and advanced ceramic materials. However, for some years, Centro Ceramico is also involved in lines of research addressed to emerging issues and/or relating to the strategic themes specified in the major EU calls for proposals (i.e. Horizon 2020, Life Programme).
These new lines of research include smart materials, sustainable materials, geopolymers, materials and technologies for energy efficiency in buildings, etc.
The main purpose is to achieve products with high technological value, giving manufacturers the opportunity to fill new market segments; at the same time, CC works because these results are reached in a more efficient and sustainable way.
- Recycling of waste materials in ceramic tile mixes
- Recycling of waste materials in heavy clay mixes
- Functionalisation of ceramic surfaces for the achievement of photovoltaic properties
- Functionalisation of ceramic surfaces for the achievement of photocatalytic and antimicrobial properties
- Development of building materials with high solar reflectance
- Study and optimisation of anti-slip properties of pedestrian ceramic surfaces
- Development of building materials with controlled porosity
- Study and development of multi-material components to improve the thermal and acoustic performance of buildings
- Study of traditional and dry ceramic tiling installation systems
- Studies on crystalline silica in the production processes
- Study and development of ceramics for advanced applications (alumina, zirconia and composites)
- Study and development of ceramic materials for medical field applications