The carrying out of analysis on specific demand of customers, aimed at the characterisation of materials and the solution of problems concerning products and production process, is one of the main activities of Centro Ceramico.
Our laboratories, are able to provide answers regarding:
- issues occurring in the different phases of the ceramic tile manufacturing cycle, regarding:
- raw materials (chemical and diffraction analyses)
- mix preparation, dependent on raw material, ceramic slip (rheological analysis), spray-dried powder (particle size analysis, chemical analysis, SEM observation, …)
- “green” ceramics (“green” mechanical resistance tests, chemical analysis, SEM observation, …)
- sintered ceramics (dilatometric balance between body and glaze, analysis of defects, …)
- issues concerning materials and installation techniques for ceramic tiling
- issues arising during manufacturing or use of other types of ceramic products:
Centro Ceramico also try to provide the customer with more in-depth knowledge of ceramic raw materials, glazes, semi-finished or finished products, as regards:
- identification of analysis protocols for the assessment of new materials
- characterisation of gas emissions, waste water, working environment (referred to ceramic factories)
- knowledge of the interactions between raw materials and pollution
- assessment of the environmental performance of products and processes, aimed at obtaining ecological marks/labels (ECOLABEL)
- knowledge of the energy balance of the production process and assessment of relevant energy efficiency
- assessment of the potential use of secondary raw materials in mixes for tiles and bricks, with investigation of the possible variations introduced on the manufacturing cycle and attention to the environmental impact of the new bodies.