The laboratory deals with chemical-physical-mechanical characterisation of ceramic tiles according to the main national and international standards (UNI, EN, ISO, ASTM, BS, AS, UNE, SASO, DIN, CSTB) and also according to internal methods developed by Centro Ceramico (CC).
CC is accredited to carry out the tests EN ISO 10545 according to the Standards EN 14411 and ISO 13006; SASO ISO 10545 according to the Standards SASO ISO 13006; CAHIER DU CSTB 3778_V4 required by the QB-UPEC Certification.
This accreditation allows CC to carry out the activity of test laboratory for granting the right to use the marks CERTIQUALITY-UNI e CEN-KEYMARK and the test laboratory activity for the QB-UPEC Mark surveillance.
Accreditation involves the use of devices subject to calibration and controls required by UNI CEI EN ISO/IEC 17025 – General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
Adhesives for tiles
The laboratory deals with the most significant characterisations about adhesives, according to the main European standards, as well as according to internal methods developed by CC. In addition, on request, CC can carry out:
- on building site – tensile adhesion strength tests, in order to verify the adhesion
- adhesion tests on the basis of specific building schemes with any intermediate layers, both in the laboratory and on building site
- on request by the foreman or the Company, it is possible to carry out the adhesion tests included in the reference standards, on the production batches of adhesive and tiles assigned to the building site
Centro Ceramico carries out technological tests on membranes for the installation of ceramic tiling according to EN Standards (liquid membranes) and ANSI Standards (sound reduction- and crack isolation- membranes). It also performs tests on uncoupling membranes using the Universal Floor Tester instrument.
- Eng. Pietro Bruzzi – e-mail email@example.com
Mobile: +39 340 6885491
- Eng. Leonardo Sanseverino – e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: +39 349 0700338
- deep abrasion tester (determination of resistance to deep abrasion for unglazed tiles)
- PEI abrasion tester (determination of resistance to surface abrasion for glazed tiles)
- bending strength tester (dimensions up to 1200 x 1200 mm – determination of modulus of rupture and breaking strength)
- bending strength tester for thick ceramic tiles and slabs (dimensions up to 1200 x 1200 mm – determination of modulus of rupture and breaking strength)
- dimensions testing equipment for ceramic tiles (dimensions up to 1200 x 1200 mm – determination of dimensions)
- data thickness (measurement of the thickness of tiles)
- impact tester (determination of impact resistance by measurement of coefficient of restitution)
- roulage (determination of resistance to “roulage lourd” – unglazed tiles and slabs)
- Mazaud tester (Mazaud wear method)
- Robinson Test according to ASTM C627
- Universal Floor and Tile Tester for the evaluation of installation systems
- climatic chambers
- pendulum for slipperiness tests
- ramp for slipperiness tests
- floor friction tester SM for slipperiness tests (TORTUS floor friction tester)
- dynamometer (determination of static coefficient of friction)
- BOT 3000 (determination of static and dynamic coefficient of friction)
- scales from 0,0001 to 16000 g
- callipers from 0 to 1500 mm.
adhesion test system (testing device for the determination of the tensile strength)